#SchoolHols2017 – Devon Beach Days – Teignmouth Beach
We lucky in the South West that there are oodles of amazing beaches to visit some of which could easily be mistaken for being abroad. As part of the #SchoolHols2017 I thought I would share some of the beaches that we visit. First up we have Teignmouth Beach.
What do you do at the beach?
The beach can be totally FREE if you want it to be or it could end up being an expensive day out.
- Pack a picnic and invite friends
- Take a ball/frisbee/bat and ball etc and make a day of fun games – split into teams and keep score
- Take a portable BBQ – go late afternoon and stay until the kids are knackered.
- Play park – There’s a great playpark which you could easily spend a lot of time in
- Bucket and Spade – It’s amazing how many buckets, spades, shapes and rakes that accumulate from having kids. Pack it all up and let them loose to make sandcastles. Decorate them with pebbles, sea shells and bit of seaweed
- Crabbing – take a bucket and a net
- The Pier – Theres loads of amusements and things to do on the pier. Be prepared to have lots of change
- Fish and Chips – Having fish and chips at the beach can be a real treat.
- Crazy Golf – This used to be Ryan’s thing. Wherever we went we played crazy golf!
How to get there:
Living in the South West or visiting for the holidays then have a look at our oodles of suggestions for #southwestdaysout – Whether you’re looking for local attractions or fabulous beaches and walks.